To protect the child from any infection, three times a day an hour of respiratory physiotherapy, and then drainage, administration of digestive enzymes almost before each meal… How big a challenge it is for parents to care for a child with cystic fibrosis – check it out below.
- Follow the recommendations of doctors. It is very important to follow the doctor’s recommendations, do not postpone and refuse appointments and examinations.
- Performing respiratory physiotherapy twice a day. Respiratory physiotherapy should be carried out daily to avoid the accumulation of thick mucus, which is responsible for inflammation, infections and breathing problems.
- Doing gymnastics, sports. Exercises, gymnastics are very important in the treatment of people with cystic fibrosis. By doing this regularly you help yourself to maintain good health.
- Compliance with the appropriate diet. Patients should follow the rules established with a nutritionist. Proper diet is very important in the treatment of cystic fibrosis.
- Maintaining adequate hydration of the body. It is very important to drink even if you are not thirsty and avoid overheating. In patients with cystic fibrosis faster occurs dehydration of the body – it is dangerous.
- Maintaining proper hand hygiene. Patients should regularly wash their hands with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. This reduces the risk of transmission of pathogens and possible infections.
- Avoid smoky and polluted areas. Smoke, smog and other pollutants in the air are dangerous for sensitive, diseased lungs of people with cystic fibrosis.
- Check your blood glucose. For early detection of possible diabetes, the patient should periodically check the level of glucose in the blood.
- Family planning consult with your doctor. If you are planning to start a family, children, it is important to consult a doctor for such a decision, to carry out genetic tests of the partner / partner, so as not to pass the mutation on to children. It is also important to help your doctor to treat possible infertility due to cystic fibrosis.
- Sharing your doubts. Consult your doctor and share any concerns about your illness. Do not hesitate to ask for help from one of several cystic fibrosis organizations. Exchange of experience, conversations with other patients, doctors are important in dealing with the disease in everyday life.
What is the daily life of a child with cystic fibrosis and his family?
Everyday life is a daily struggle against the disease in order to push its progress as far as possible into the future, by keeping the lungs and other organs of the child in proper condition. The main strategy is to avoid infection. We try to live life to the fullest, but without exposing our son to infections, to which he is more susceptible.
Despite this vulnerability, was the boy vaccinated according to the schedule of protective vaccinations?
ADAS has passed all the required vaccinations, we also vaccinate him against the flu every year. Some vaccines were given later than would be expected from the vaccination calendar, because the son was born with a laryngeal obstruction — his large intestine was blocked with mucus and tar. In the third day of life he underwent surgery to open the intestine. He spent the first months of his life with a stoma bag on his abdomen, into which he defecated, because part of the intestine was not yet functioning.